Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries closes after latest update

sffdib
Level 5

ProSeries closes after latest update. There is an article to resolve this problem. The article refers to "Tools -Repair Updates" which does not exists inside the program. The article also lists instruction, from the start menu when used, it will launch a 2019 software repairs. I am having an issue with 2020 software. Any help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
TAXOH
Level 11

Engineering at ProSeries said there was a Microsoft update last night or this morning that fixed the issue for a lot of users.

psaund9860
Level 3

My program crashes with each tax return I am working on.   It appears that they have NOT corrected this issue.

0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4

Experiencing multiple, random crashes.  I can't convert more than one e-file return at a time.  Selecting multiple clients to convert and transmit causes program to crash after first or second one is converted.  Even selecting a client from the home base menu can cause program to crashe.  I'm not experiencing any problem in printing, either in ProSeries or any of my other applications.  

I did install the "Tool Hub" and ran the "Update Issues" and the "Program Problems" without solving the crash issue.

ceciengcpasf
Level 3

Ran the Widows update.  Restarted the machine.

Ran the proseries tools update.  Restarted.

Ran proseries again.  Was saving a file when it quit again.

Probabaly not a windows update problem

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I just now finished installing the update and just signed back into ProSeries but I wasn't having the issue a lot before (about 1 a day for the last couple of days).

0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

followed all instructions. Still closing on me. 

0 Cheers