Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Taxpayer Phone Number on 1040 PDF

Lewis J
Level 3

I am having trouble having the taxpayer's phone number print on a created PDF.  I have checked the box to print the taxpayer's work phone on the worksheet but phone number does not appear on PDF.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'd never tried it (I wouldnt want my client's phone number to appear on the 1040), but I checked for you and I experience the same thing as you...even with the box checked to print on the 1040, it does NOT print on the 1040.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Lewis J
Level 3

Thanks for checking Just-Lisa-Now.  What's interesting is that I checked the box on the state worksheet (MD in this case) and the phone number printed on the MD return.  I agree that not many clients want their phone numbers on their tax return but this client does and its embarrassing not to be able to do so when the PDF has a line for the phone number.  Also of interest, on the federal worksheet entry page just under the "Spouse" personal information there is a NOTE which says "Work phone is transmitted for electronic funds withdrawal" which I am familiar with due to previous error codes but it tells me the phone number is not transmitted to the IRS under refund conditions.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  or @IntuitAustin  can you replicate this behavior and offer any advice about this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I tried doing an override of the phone number on the 1040/1040SR Worksheet - Signature and Paid Preparer section - it still doesn't show on the Form 1040.   Bad programming by Intuit.