Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-up boxes are not needed

Greta
Level 9

You can't efile with errors already highlighted in pink. I greatly use the pink errors and also the yellow error triangle icon at the top. It was countered last year that it never hurts to have an extra layer of error checking, but the boxes do slow me down, do not in reality provide protection, and are just an unnecessary annoyance. The one place I wish I had error protection (other than the efiling bouncing back) is in Virginia when I neglect to put in the date for withdrawal of tax.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So VA lets you choose Direct Debit, but doesn't insist you fill in a withdrawal date? 

Thats a weird one, you'd expect that date box to light up pink until you enter a date.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Greta
Level 9

Precisely my point: In Virginia, no pink, no error message per yellow triangle icon! The only way to be reminded of the error is to have the efiling rejected. No box pop-up box either...

BTW if every error had a pop-up box, I'd close up shop. How do they select which errors deserve a pop-up box?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I shut off those popup boxes after the first one hits in a W2 to verify the state ID number...it doesn't even let me get to the dang box before it pops up nagging me!  So I always hit the checkbox on that popup window to not show me again and no more popup boxes appear until the next time I restart the program.

But those pink boxes, tell us when a spot needs to be filled in, I use those a lot!   Weird that they missed it for the VA Direct Debit Date...I know it lights up pink for Federal and CA does as well.

Greta
Level 9

I too have 'trained' myself to check the pink box for State ID number before the dreaded pop-up appears. But is there really a box to check to turn off the pop-ups? Where? (I wish they would give us the option to block all pop-ups.)

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The first one that pops up for the day, I check this box and I dont see anymore until the next time I restart the program

hidefurthererrors.png

0 Cheers