Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio School District Form SD100 is not populating with income to tax

C4U
Level 3

Hi, 

For Ohio communities that have to pay income-based tax for their school district.  The form usually populates with the AGI from the Federal form - but it is showing a "0"   the top lines of the form are showing the AGI less state exemption to equal the State taxable amount.  But the next section where the % tax is calculated is not showing the % nor the income $.  

Pro Series updated this form for 2023 to accommodate taxpayers that owe more than one school district.  I am thinking that not all the lines were programmed in the software update. 

I have overridden this but not sure it will be accepted through e-file.  How do we report to Intuit that the form is not working?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
alphy
Level 3

It's not even working this well for me. I have the information worksheet filled out with the school district code, which is a taxable school district. On the form SD 100 the "Activate Form SD 100" box is checked, but the entire form is completely blank.

Anyone else have this problem?

alphy
Level 3

OK I got my own question figured out. You now need to go to the new "School District Residency and Income Smart Worksheet" and manually enter the school district code, beginning and ending residency dates, and Modified Ohio AGI.

Seems to me they could at least have a "Full year residency" checkbox and automatically calculate it as before.

sanfortm
Level 2

I am having the same problem; but I have that info input into the schedule part you mentioned.  It still will not populate the rest of the form.  

Under #5 on the form it says that applicable schedule needs to be filled out on page 3.  I go there; and it will not let me put that information in without override.  

I don't want to override, I just want it to work properly like it did before  Any ideas??

C4U
Level 3

To all - I have been hand entering the dates and the proper income amount under earned income.  I agree a "full time resident" box to check would be ideal.  

I am having trouble in some other Federal and Ohio state forms as well where boxes and calculations are not flowing through.  This is a bad year.  I also see many updates on certain pages or forms are now delayed until Feb 28th.   What are we paying the increased prices for?

Speaking of updates - I keep getting a pop up to sign up and pay for the updates?  Is this true, am I not getting the full updates without paying extra?  

Perhaps time to review other software. 

0 Cheers
sanfortm
Level 2

I resolved my own problem and it wasn't software related really.  Basically, the TP W2 had the incorrect school district name on it.  The correct one was income based and the incorrect one was traditional based.  Lesson Learned.  I need to use finder every time to make sure school district name on W2 matches up with address of individual.  THAT is what caused my issue.  

Also, random info.  The instructions for the SD return show the type of school district for each Ohio SD.  Took me a minute to find that.  It doesn't show on finder what type.  (not that I could find).  

0 Cheers
sanfortm
Level 2

I haven't seen that yet. I hope not.

0 Cheers
ouadpi
Level 2

This is crazy, and very time consuming.  Why did it change?

0 Cheers
ouadpi
Level 2

Agree!

0 Cheers
Rob519
Level 2

Hi Intuit!  Did you provide a heads-up about the changes made to the Ohio SD program?  I didn't see any advanced notice, and apparently lots of others were also surprised.  I hope that the next time there is a significant change that some advanced notice will be provided.