Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minnesota Nonresident Error

Hub
Level 4

Client is a nonresident in MN. The MN info worksheet Part II when I check nonresident filing form M1 I leave the taxpayers boxes blank but the spouse boxes show errors in the MN resident from: boxes to boxes? These should be blank in my opinion. Bot taxpayer and spouse show FL as resident on 12/31/21

How to fix this issue as I do not want it showing on the return as spouse in MN at all during the year.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not familiar with MN, but did you fill in the Non-resident state info at the bottom if the Federal Information worksheet?  Thats where I start before switching over to the state return itself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not familiar with MN, but did you fill in the Non-resident state info at the bottom if the Federal Information worksheet?  Thats where I start before switching over to the state return itself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

Hi Lisa

Actually I had the information filled in at the bottom of the information sheet as nonresident. But, I did see where the other box shows MN as the previous year, which is actually correct. I removed that designation and left it blank and the issue corrected itself on the MN nonresident return.

Strange issue

Thanks for the tip