Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massachusetts Ind Tax Return - How to report dependent child who is covered on his parents health insurance policy

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

I am preparing the Massachusetts individual tax return for a 25 yr old client who is covered under his parent's health insurance policy. It's not clear how to fill our the MA Schedule HC Worksheet in this situation. He was covered all year and I'm sure the plan met the MCC coverage requirements because the dad's policy is via his employer (Microsoft). I just can't figure out how to report that though on the MA Schedule HC Worksheet.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

His dad would have received a 1095C, and that will tell you if it is MMC. Other wise the form seems straight forward. What question are you having trouble answering

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Tying to figure out which box to check on the MA Sched HC. If I check the MCC full yr box it wants a policy number. His dad lived in IL so he didn't receive an MA 1099-HC. Neither did his son.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Just put dads policy number, doesn't matter if out of state, and check full year box