Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCKED OUT

ELS VA
Level 3

I am locked out of proseries. Have tried all options to reset and none work/ Anyone else having problems today?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
ELS VA
Level 3

Support was able to get me in this morning. Evidently it is a problem the software engineers are working on - you won't be able to solve it yourself should it happen to you,

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
dascpa
Level 11

In and working fine.  Sorry.  Reboot computer? Repair updates?  Re download program (data will be safe)?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Call Larry the Locksmith at 867-5309?  I'm with das - working fine for me and I would go down his list of suggestions.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to describe what "locked out" means.   

What message do you get or what actions are you taking?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Im also moving along nicely. 

I would try all those above except maybe a locksmith. Lol.

Why do you say you are locked out? Too many attempts to log in that were wrong? Locked out RIGHT AWAY when you open the program? 

ELS VA
Level 3

Support was able to get me in this morning. Evidently it is a problem the software engineers are working on - you won't be able to solve it yourself should it happen to you,

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It would have been helpful if you could have described what was happening or the message you were getting.

abctax55
Level 15

And s/he gives her/him self the solve, without providing the details for future searchers.  Sigh.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
ELS VA
Level 3

It would not accept my password and would not let me change my password.

ELS VA
Level 3

Support solved it. I have no idea how. They reset my password. It is a software problem their engineers are aware of. So my issue was solved thus I no longer need assistance from the group and why I marked it solved.

abctax55
Level 15

That's all 'we' needed to know.  Now the next person will know to brew a fresh pot, and get on the phone with Support 😉

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

OK, yes, every once in awhile Ive seen people report that same problem, I have no idea what causes it, but you're right, it takes call to support to solve it.

0 Cheers
ELS VA
Level 3

Support was fast! Fixed in 5 minutes. 😀

abctax55
Level 15

You're kidding, right?  A short call to support.  You should consider buying a lotto ticket.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

My god, this is a random thing that can happen and only support fixes? 

I'll be super Effin pissed if this happens to me.