Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Saturday, and it's been a while

IRonMaN
Level 15

So, you can keep on scrolling if you are looking for important wisdom or some serious complaining about Intuit:

Ole and Lena lived on the border of Norda'kota and Souda'kota.

Some years on their taxes, they claim they live in Norda'kota and some years they claim they live in Souda'kota..

Finally the States of Norda'kot and Souda'kota send folks from the Dept of Revenue to their farm...

Dey say, Ole.. you can't claim you live in Norda'kota some years, and then Souda'kota odder years...we're going to send out the 'surweighers' und dey is goin' to surweight da farm.. and sees zactly where da state lines runs...

So da surweighers comes d'out and they surweight Ole's und Lena's farm... dey finds dat the barn sits in Souda'kota and the chicken coop sits in Norda'kota and the state line runs right thru the middle of the house...

So's da states of Norda'koda and Souda'koda comes out again and they give Ole and Lena da new...but dey says to Ole... you'se can pick Norda'koda or Souda'koda as a residences... you'se can't pick da both...we's vill be back in dah veek to gets your answer...

So's da States of Norda'kodas and Souda'kodas dey comes back in a veek..und dey asks Ole " so vhich is it goings to be Ole? You gonna live in Norda'kodas or Souda'kodas?

Ole says "vell, me's and Lenas.. ve talked it d'over... ve's dinkin ve's going to claim to be Souda'koda residents..."

So da representative from Norda'koda asks" is it because Souda'koda's gots cheaper taxes???"

" No " says Ole.." dey's 'bout da same.... but Lena made da decisions...she's says to me.. Ole, Lets live in Souda'koda...
I've about had it wid Norda'koda vinters!"

Ole takes his buddy Sven into the Nursery at the hospital in Sioux Falls to show him his new son that Lena just delivered...

As dey admire da new baby boy, Sven can't help but noticin' dat da baby is Mulatto....

"So's Ole.." sez Sven " ain't ja a liddle mad at Lena for dat new baby??"

"Vot for?" ask Ole...

" Vell Ole, don'cha tink dat baby is kinda dark?" asks Sven..

" Ja,vell Uffda... he choor is, but vhat's ya gonna do??" replies Ole...

"So's you'se not mad at Lena dat the baby's kinda dark den?"

" naw " sez Ole..." ever since we been done married, dat voman.. she burns every ting!"

Slava Ukraini!
15 Comments 15
rcherenson
Level 4

Thanks for the laugh on another long tax season Saturday! 😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

An occasional smile goes a long way towards surviving tax season 😀

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Just what I needed - humor.    Thank you.

only 20 minutes until I can lock the door and put on pajama pants

IRonMaN
Level 15

I hope you can hang on for another 20 minutes👍

Slava Ukraini!
TiredFarmer
Level 7

I am still pondering but one day I will come up with something good to make your day,  Thanks for watching out for all of us.

@dkh  So, you’ve worked all morning without any pants on? Do you charge your clients extra for the early Saturday morning flash show?

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Ironman. You're the best.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@TiredFarmer  - anytime you post, you make my day.  I know it takes a lot of effort to take part in this place when you are so darn tired. 😁

@Frustrated-in-IL  - she is in the Midwest.  Snowmobile suits are proper attire on the weekend in February.  After dealing with clients, she just needs to cool off a little. 

@PATAX - I'm not the best - it's just that nobody else applied for the job.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL   that's how I am sure clients are listening - they never break eye contact out of fear of seeing what they will never be able to unsee............laugh with hand.png 

I didn’t realize @dkh  is a she.  Perhaps I’ll make an appt with her to do my taxes on a Saturday morning.  I’ll bring the Fireball so she won’t have to wear the snowsuit.

i might be old but I ain’t dead!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Rumor has it that she likes to lock her clients out so you better confirm your appointment before leaving IL.

Slava Ukraini!

No one gets locked out of my office if they have Fireball!

Bert0611
Level 3

Love it...Keep them coming!!!

PATAX
Level 15

Here is a joke that an old-timer told me about the origin of the word "hoopie". A hoopie is a friendly term referring to a less than sophisticated country bumpkin, or a greasy redneck, or a dirty looking hillbilly, you get the picture. Here is how the term originated: a group of Italian men were standing outside a steel mill in Pittsburgh talking and waiting to go into work. A West Virginian worker walked past them, and the one Italian looked to the other and said: "Who pee?"😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

This one is for my new friend Bert.  When you find someone that actually likes my stupid jokes, you have to keep them happy 😁

Ole and Sven are sitting in a boat.
So Ole asks Sven, "Why do scuba divers always fall backwards off 'der boats?"
To which Sven replies, "Well, you know, if they fell forwards they'd still be in de boat!"

Slava Ukraini!