Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It looks like it was a great official start to tax season

IRonMaN
Level 15

Congratulations to everybody that started e-filing today.  Looks like Intuit was running a well oiled machine and everybody got their returns safely on the bus without a hitch.  Have a great rest of tax season everybody!  Oh, as a side note, I always wait until the second day of filing season before I transmit any 1040s.  Even I don't run with scissors on opening day. ✂️

Slava Ukraini!
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

I transmitted two 1040's today.  Went through fine and within minutes the taxpayers already had their refunds deposited into their bank accounts.  Intuit is the best.........

Now if we could just get MD business returns available.

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
dascpa
Level 11

I transmitted two 1040's today.  Went through fine and within minutes the taxpayers already had their refunds deposited into their bank accounts.  Intuit is the best.........

Now if we could just get MD business returns available.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You know, someone is going to see this and wonder why their clients have received their refunds yet -------- so I guess I have to post to get this to the top for everyone to see 😜

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

I figured it would trigger that reaction, hence the reason I posted it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's kind of cruel ------------- usually that is the kind of stuff I post 😁

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I am patient and wait till after the first week in February for filing.

I hate amending returns.. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's when I start taking this stuff seriously, but I have a handful of returns that I know won't be adding to their collection of W-2s that I will do before February.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I trained my clients years ago not to expect 1040s done until February. Those that did not like this left for greener pastures: Good Riddance.

JRC
Level 8

I did make that Mistake "ONCE"....

IRonMaN
Level 15

Unfortunately, Heidi is more trainable than a lot of clients.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Some people think that they are our only client. These are the selfish people that were spoiled rotten as children and thought that they were the center of the universe. They kept this mentality into adulthood.

cinmon428
Level 7

Well I spoke a little too soon. Oregon is now not efiling, now that they've updated. Any ideas?

PATAX
Level 15

@cinmon428 I would just wait a little bit and see what happens. Maybe talk to other preparers there in your area.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Like you all, I wait one week from the first day of efile to work the bugs out. If you want sooner, its on you. Most of my clients are fine with my choice.