Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option to check to show online payment instructions for balance due instead of mailing a check?

marv1123
Level 1

Is there an option to check to show online payment instructions for balance due instead of mailing a check? It appears there's only options to pay by check or direct withdrawal.

3 Comments 3

Hey, that's a great idea.

I think there is a way to add that to the client letter but you will have to compose it.  It would be nice if it just did that like it does for mailing.  But I imagine all the steps/clicks at irs.gov would be rather lengthy though.  And if it changed...

Regardless, it is a good idea.  With all the postal theft going on in my area and check washing, I am extremely hesitant to mail a check and I pass my hesitation onto my clients urging them to make the payments online. If the steps were listed, it might be easier for them to do so.  The last thing I need is a bunch of people calling me on April 14th asking how for help making their payment online.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I prepared a paper that I give to all clients that have balances due.  It shows all Federal and state websites to pay and it it explains different methods to pay (check, online, debit, credit, installment method, etc.).  Once a year I update it as state websites change all the time.

dascpa
Level 11

I tried copy and paste but the formatting won't work.  Try from this picture.

1.jpg