Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I can get that advertising bar on the right side of HB to NOT appear each time I start the program?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I hit the arrow to close it each time, it always comes back.   I'll admit, Im lazy I havent gone digging for a setting, has anyone seen an option for this?

advertbar.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is one simple solution - switch to Drake 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Huh, mine stays closed.  Only time it has come back was when I made a change to my HomeBase view. 

wjgutcpa
Level 4

Wait Intuit charges ever increasing fees for their poorly programmed software AND they sell advertising and place said coding into our software!!!!!!!!! WT?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Mine stays closed too.

If it wasn't staying closed for me, I would have REALLY complained a long time ago.  Ad-supported software should be free or very low cost, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for expensive professional software to be spamming unwanted advertisements at us.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe the Champ status gives you special privileges like advertising that you can't shut off 😬

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its only happening on my home system which has a few other annoying quirks now and then too, maybe I got a "less than perfect" install back in November.

It tries to update everytime I open the program despite the task scheduler being unchecked also.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MCC CPA
Level 1

That's an option but then all you get is software that fills in numbers on a tax form without doing calculations 

0 Cheers