Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If two people accidentally work on the same tax return in the cloud what is the best way to reconcile the two returns?

larryweigel
Level 1

We had two people working on the same return (simultaneously) in the cloud thereby creating different returns on each computer.  Now we have to reconcile the two.  What is the best way to do that?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Take the return that was "most done" and delete the other return.

Slava Ukraini!
GodFather
Level 8

The cloud does not send a read-only message to the person who opens the return second?  I'm not a techy, but I would think that would be one control that prevents duplicate entry?  Maybe the "cloud" can't do that?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive always wondered how that works in an office with multiple preparers, how can different people all work on the same return...seems like it would get confusing  as to who did what and how to keep track of whats been done in the return and what hasnt, seems like youd be wasting lots of time going through to make sure nothing was missing.

I wouldn't want anyone else touching a return that Im responsible for signing my name to (insert eye twitch here).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

Pickout the one thatg has the best answer and file it deleting the othert(hahaha)

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@larryweigel wrote:

We had two people working on the same return (simultaneously)

When I read that, this was the first thing that popped into my head. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyKQe_i9yyo&t=47s

TaxGuyBill_0-1676489656116.png