Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder if I could use the experience????

IRonMaN
Level 15

For the 1,000,001 time, I received Intuit's recruiting e-mail:

Take your career to the next level while working online from your home or office.

Join Intuit as a TurboTax Live Tax Associate.

Hi JEFFREY,

Expand your skills and grow your career as a remote TurboTax Live Tax Associate. Here at Intuit, we’re hiring tax professionals looking to gain in-depth tax experience while earning supplemental income assisting TurboTax customers with their tax preparation.

We also offer the opportunity to earn your enrolled agent credential, which opens the door to advance your career to become a tax expert in the future.

Join our team today and enjoy the flexibility of working remote. Positions and schedules are filling quickly.

After 44 tax seasons, I'm kind of curious what skills they are going to help me expand and grow.  I'm also a little curious what level they are looking for me to reach.  They must not realize that no matter what level I'm on, once I fall off, I just brush myself off and try another method to catch a roadrunner.  And last time I checked, my CPA license was still intact, so I hope they don't know something I don't if they are going to help me earn my enrolled agent credential.

These e-mails get tiring after awhile so I wish they would just stop.  But I'm not sure if I would need to talk to the recruiting team at Intuit to make them stop sending these annoying e-mails or if I would need to talk to the e-mail team, or the application team, or the personnel team, or who.  But on a positive note, at least I didn't get an e-mail from the Champions Teams asking me to join that team this year.  At least one less e-mail from Intuit is a good start.

Slava Ukraini!
18 Comments 18
itonewbie
Level 15

Two things stand out to me...

1) You are so valuable that they just will not give up trying to get you on board;

2) Even old dog like you can learn new tricks.  After 44 seasons, apparently, you haven't yet learned to roll over. 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm too old to roll over ---------- you can never tell if you will be able to get back up after you do that.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

The devil in me wants to sign up, and provide 'marginal' answers.

The angel in me tells me that wouldn't be a nice thing to do.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go with the devil ——— just half of the time to keep your angel quiet.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I must have flagged one as Spam at some point, I never see these in my Inbox.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I was a little leery doing that thinking renewal notices will also end up in the spam factory 

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

One thing stands out to me - never knew your name is Jeffrey.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

The devil in me wants to sign up, and provide 'marginal' answers.

You would still be giving better answers than many of the other Intuit employees.  🤣

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I was a little leery doing that thinking renewal notices will also end up in the spam factory 

I get the renewal notices, maybe they're just to trying to recruit me, so I dont get those Emails.  What address do they come from?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
poolcleaner
Level 9

Jeff, have you ever tried to do a TurboTax return?  Several times I have had clients bring me one  they were trying to do for one of their children.  I gave up after the first time as trying to wade through endless irrelevant questions was more than I was willing or even capable of doing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Another Former All Star                                                                                                                                                   

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@poolcleaner wrote:

have you ever tried to do a TurboTax return?   I gave up after the first time as trying to wade through endless irrelevant questions                                                                                                                                                 

The CD/downloaded version is fine, as long as you use the "Forms" mode.  Most forms are identical to ProSeries, and the ones that aren't identical are very similar to ProSeries.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"One thing stands out to me - never knew your name is Jeffrey."

That's the name they gave me when I entered the witness protection program.

As far as doing a Turdddotaxxx return, never tried, never will.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I get the renewal notices, maybe they're just to trying to recruit me, so I dont get those Emails.  What address do they come from?"

talent@intuit.com

Slava Ukraini!

"After 44 tax seasons, I'm kind of curious what skills they are going to help me expand and grow.  I'm also a little curious what level they are looking for me to reach."

Maybe they will teach you how not to get your annual timeouts?😄

poolcleaner
Level 9

Thank you, Bill. I hope to avoid the problem in the future!

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Maybe they will teach you how not to get your annual timeouts?"

But everybody needs a timeout once in a while.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

But everybody needs a timeout once in a while.

But, but, but, they say no rest for the wicked...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nobody said anything about taking a nap during my timeout 😐

Slava Ukraini!