Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm So Excited - Any Friendly Advice

dascpa
Level 11

I am so excited I just downloaded my 2022 ProSeries program.  Only 59 days until tax season starts.......

For those new members, please do not transfer your clients over at this time.  We have found over the years waiting until as late as possible (I do this mid/late-January) as certain program updates/corrections don't seem to hit the early client transfers.  Exception - Organizers.

15 Comments 15
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just checked mine, not ready yet, but I second the notion not to transfer all of your files yet.

I may do a couple (mine for sure) for some messing around with and tax planning, but history says there are many later changes, which will affect what information carries over from the prior year. I generally transfer individually as I begin work on the actual tax preparation.

I will be doing a transfer soon for the organizer processing as dascpa mentioned.

Good Luck to all, and here is a wish that we don't have as much to complain about as last year!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I'm So Excited - Any Friendly Advice"

Yes - retire now while you still have the chance. 😨

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@dascpa       If you're going to do a countdown may I suggest one of these instead.

30 days until next full moon

43 days until winter solstice

4 days until chocolate supply runs out

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well the front page of the 1040's got some new lines!

I miss the days when I knew everything by the line number on the 1040!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

As far as countdowns go -

1 day until a bunch of politicians come out and say their election was stolen from them 😲

Slava Ukraini!
ljr
Level 8

I haven't downloaded it yet but I do transfer the clients - it is the only way to get to the client checklist and organizers. (I know all the issues been with proseries so long they should give us a pension LOL) Sometime I then delete them all and re-transfer in January after I print out the checklists. It's not like I don't have anything else to do but do this twice. 

BobKamman
Level 15

What I have found is that the more clients loaded into the database, the slower the program runs.  Maybe that's because I have an older computer because breaking in a new one is just too much work.  I usually don't open a client file until a few days before their appointment, or when their stuff arrives in the mail.  I keep hoping some of them won't come back, but after 40 years I concede that most of them will.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Bob's computer.jpg

You really should consider upgrading one of these days.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

You're right.  I saw one of those at Goodwill the other day, and that's what I'm thinking of upgrading to. 

But you're so inconsistent.  First you tell @dascpa to retire.  Then you want me to keep going long enough to justify capital investment.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

But dascpa was stressed out to a near breaking point this past tax season.  Stress doesn't appear to affect you so you should be able to keep doing this until you are 113 ----------- maybe 118 if you start eating more vegetables.

Slava Ukraini!
Hillenburg
Level 4

Yeah, that post card thing still ain't workin'. 

linda2
Level 5

Ha!  I keep hoping clients won't come back too--but they do and bring others!

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

It has been done away with.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Drink more fireball

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

No kidding - they "simplify" the 1040 4 yrs ago and have been adding new live ever since.