Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Gross wages" "not ready" on schedule F or C

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

The error message that appears on the gross wages line on schedule F and C keeps keeping pushed back later and later.  I have farmer tax returns that have to be filed now before the end of Feb. to avoid paying estimated tax penalties.  I think I'm just going to have to report Gross wages on the Other expenses line.  Who else is doing the same or is there another work around?  None of my clients have any work credits, so that doesn't apply.

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I did the exact same thing, Other Expenses

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Moving wages from the Wages line to Other Expenses CAN affect QBI, so before you do that, you should verify the QBI calculation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

Good point Lisa!  Thanks for that heads up.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It is some quirk with some wage credits.

If that wage credit does not apply, I would just keep it on Wages but disable error-checking when filing the tax return.

Lukepccpa
Level 3

When the error message says "We should have this ready by 02/24/24", the phrase "We should" doesn't inspire much confidence coming from ProSeries.

Just like you, I'm moving wages to the other expense line so I can get farm returns out the door by March 1st.

Between the K-1 input sheet not being ready until 02/21 and the wage issue not getting fixed until 02/24, that's a lot of farm returns to shove out the door by March 1st in a short period of time.

Somebody at ProSeries needs fired for this incompetence.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Lukepccpa wrote:

doesn't inspire much confidence coming from ProSeries.

Just like you, I'm moving wages to the other expense line so I can get farm returns out the door by March 1st.

that's a lot of farm returns to shove out the door by March 1st in a short period of time.

I agree that the developers at Intuit are incompetent. 

Why don't you leave it as "wages" and just disable error checking?

How much time does it take you to e-file?  If you are only waiting on the program to fix itself, the tax return return should be finished, and it doesn't take much time to e-file the tax return.

cotaxprep
Level 2

i did put wages on other expense  but then you need to overide QBI

I overrode both pages on QBI sheet that use the wages to calcuate QBI

Proseries wil not allow e filing of the overrides of wages on QBI

can you e file by unchecking some other box??  someone mentioned to override the error checking??  which box?

Thank you  so frustrating.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When you EFile from out in the EFCenter, you click the EFnow button and the window that opens has a checkbox to enable error checking, uncheck it.  Im not sure if that window exists if you EF from within the client file.

cancelerrorchecking.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TiredFarmer
Level 7

0 Cheers
cotaxprep
Level 2

Thank you

i kept all wages on wage line  therefore  QBI calculated correctly as well.   

I did unclick the last e file error checking and the return went through.  The IRS accepted the return this morning.  Thank you for the work around!!!

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

They must have fixed this issue at least for schedule F since I didn't get the error just now (2-29-24 at 10AM eastern) for my last farmer return to file today.

Lukepccpa
Level 3

Works for me also this morning. 

Nothing like waiting until the last friggin minute to fix the software!

0 Cheers