Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form price programming in Proseries

mvp2885
Level 5

Hello, is there anyway I can program Proseries to automatically calculate price of a tax return based on (single, head of household, Married, W-2s, 1099s, Schedule Cs, Schedule A, etc)? 

I want to program this so I won't have to look at my pricing sheet and waste in doing so. I want the system to atomically calculate that for us. Thank you! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

With a client open go to tools, billing, rates per form and enter pricing.  Once you have them entered and saved go to tools, options, global billing options and choose 3 Per Form Charges.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I think this is what you want:

Open a blank or a return up and go to global billing options #3 is per form charges and read that first box (that should direct you to global billing forms. 

TAXOH
Level 11

With a client open go to tools, billing, rates per form and enter pricing.  Once you have them entered and saved go to tools, options, global billing options and choose 3 Per Form Charges.

mvp2885
Level 5

Thank you for that information. Can this be preset for all customers?  Instead of doing it manually every time I do a return? like each schedule C automatically charges XX price, etc. I am not in the office right now, so can't check the settings yet. 

Can I preset price for singles/HH/MFJ, etc? H&R Block and others I know have their own proprietary software were it calculates the pricing for each customer as the return is being finalized. Trying to see if Proseries "global billing" setting does the same. 

Thank you. 

TAXOH
Level 11

You're welcome.   That will set it for all clients.  I don't think there is anything for single, married etc.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Once you save it, you should be good to go with all returns. It will calculate the cost based on your rates per form. I dont think you can do that with the filing statuses tho. I used to do rates per form but it has been a decade or more since I last did......so, i cant say for sure re: statuses. 

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@TAXOH wrote:

You're welcome.   That will set it for all clients.  I don't think there is anything for single, married etc.

beat me to the punch.....my friend from Ohio is correct. 

mvp2885
Level 5

Great thank you so much for the information!