Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everybody should head to high ground.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Put your hip boots on and head to high ground.  I tried posting earlier this morning and the page went into purgatory for awhile.  But then it seemed like it returned from the dead with my post intact so I hit post.  And I tried that a couple of times without success but I did end up with this message:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

I'm not sure if I needed to wait for only 3599 seconds before hitting send or if I should have got my stopwatch out and waited 3601 seconds.  In any case, I hope everybody is safe and nobody here is homeless from the Great Intuit Flood of 2023. 🌊

Slava Ukraini!
27 Comments 27
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I got that a few times this week, the site is so slow to load things it thinks its being flooded out!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, I brought my canoe to the office and I am sitting in it while I post ----------- you can't be too safe.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

It's been happening to me, too.

Both the slowness, and the 'time-out' issue.

I'm not sure it is a bad thing; it's let me pull a few posts that would have probably landed me in the principle's office/corner.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the heads up. Looking into it and I'll let you know as soon as its declared fixed on our end. 

Let me know if you notice any other weirdness, we appreciate your patience as we work through this and I'll keep you posted. But yea, best to stay close to the canoe @IRonMaN 😉

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@IRonMaN  When I saw the subject, I thought you were talking about moral high ground....

Then I read your post, and realized how brain-fried I was to have the impression.  I was also surprised I still had so much hope in this world....  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I try to stick to the moral high ground but that high ground has been converted to swamp land with the Intuit flooding problem.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

I was hoping you would be offering some practical advice on how to deal with clients who rely on Fox News, when you realize they don't know anything about all the news involving Fox News.  

I just keep my mouth shut and pretend to listen.  So far, though, no one has commented on the bumper sticker I have on my car and office entrance..  

BobKamman_1-1678301810609.png

IRonMaN
Level 15

Why do you have a flag of Sweden on your car? 😉

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I dont need a canoe. I have this ncle who has built this huge boat , However it has a lot of strange animals on it Male and female.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully he isn't going to leave the unicorns behind this time.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Because I always have enough Fireball on hand by keeping a large stock home.  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If it makes you feel better, the website team had time to resign the software symbols on the top part of the webpage. 

/s  I'm glad the website team focuses on the ascetics, rather than wasting their time with something a trivial as fixing crazy slow load times. /s

1.jpg

IRonMaN
Level 15

George has posted about the new front door signs a day or two ago.  I brought up the same point in his thread.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Ah, I must have missed that post.  I may have tried, but gave up when it took too long to load.  😂

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Let me know if you notice any other weirdness"

This morning I had "10" by the notification bell, but I clicked that and got a results page with the big error message that I have no notifications at all. Typically, it shows whatever is there, even if not new.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I get that every so often too.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I just got this one:

1.jpg

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

You saw that error in this forum? @TaxGuyBill 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo wrote:

You saw that error in this forum? @TaxGuyBill 

Yes.  But it didn't last long.  I had responded to a question, and as usual it took forever to try to post, but this time I got that error message.  But about 20 seconds later I refreshed it and it worked

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Working with the team to get this fixed.

They are asking for some context around the timeout issues (im not experiencing them anymore) 

1. When did it start? 

2. Not sure how techie you are but if anyone can grab the "http status code you see in network tab for the page when it times out"

3. How consistently is it happening? 

Any info helps. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

1.  The timeout issues seemed to have fizzled out for a little while after we complained about it last time but it's been around for quite a while.  I would give you definitive time, but weeks seem like months during tax season so let's just settle for it's been there for a while.

2.  I don't know about codes since I am focused on the post itself and not looking for the code on Little Ophan Annie's decoder ring.

3.  It happens multiple times each day.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

This morning, I had same error message as @qbteachmt .  

And how ssssssllllooooowwwww  it opens to post a reply is driving me crazy.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

Multiple languages, too!

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Multiple languages?  Oops, I just thought they were fancy swear words. 😳

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

They may be. I don't understand most of them.

Ex-AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there,

Everyone still experiencing slowness? or is it better?

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't noticed any issues today ---------- at least not yet 😀

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers