Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estate sale

ChiHoang
Level 4

My client is a trustee of a trust which owns a house..  A trust was established by her aunt who passed away in June 2020.  The house appraised for $175000 and sold for $175,000 in Nov. 2020 with sale expense of $4,384.16.  How do I report the sale ? and what form ? Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Schedule D

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Did you receive a 1099S, and if so, in who's name and SS or EIN was it issued to

0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

Yes, she did receive a 1099-S under her name with her social security # as a a transferor.

0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

Which worksheet should I use to report the sale ? In ProSeries Basic, I see 1098-B worksheet (for stock bond sale), nonbusiness bad debt explanation statement, and home sale worksheet ( for primary residence). I don't think I can use any of those worksheets to report the sale. Please advise. Thanks

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Like Lisa said schedule D

0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

I know schedule D, but where (which worksheet) do I input the proceed and cost ? Thanks  

0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

Can anyone help me how to input estate sale of home on schedule D ? Thanks

0 Cheers