Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile fails

john25
Level 2

Efile fails to work.  I get an error message:    (54) FAILED_VALIDATION Error Code 54.  The version of ProSeries you are using is no longer current.

No updates are available.  all updates have been installed.  I have tried refreshing the updates. Anybody else stumbled into this problem?   What can i do about this? 

8 Comments 8
TAXOH
Level 11

I'm sorry, I do not know, the answer to your question.

Maybe @Just-Lisa-Now-  is on line now, because i believe she knows the answer.

Good luck!!!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I feel like Ive seen others report this error 54 in the past couple of weeks, and if the Search function in here worked at all, I might be able to find it, but the search function is USELESS!

Is it all files or only 1 particular one that you get this message for?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TAXOH
Level 11

@Just-Lisa-Now- Sorry, but I am not sure.  Good luck to you in, finding your answer!  

0 Cheers
john25
Level 2

All Files that i am trying to efile at this point.

TAXOH
Level 11

@Just-Lisa-Now-  I'm in the same boat as You!!!! Have a FANTASTIC EVENING!!!!!!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Have you successfully Efiled ANY returns at all for 2021?

Please verify that you've checked the PTIN Verification checkbox in your Preparer Info,
Tools > Options > Preparer Info

0 Cheers
john25
Level 2

Did check that.

And i have efiled partnership and S corp returns.  No problems with them.

I have several individuals pending which all fail.

John

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitZacharyG  can you track down some info on this error, I know Ive seen it mentioned in the last couple of weeks, the search function in here is so horrible, Im getting nothing when I search.