Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 5-Hour Energy Work?

dascpa
Level 11

Today finally hit 20% individuals complete (58% of biz/trust clients complete). Two months to get 20% done, do I have the strength to do the other 80% in six weeks?  One of my former employees won $83 million in the lottery years ago, I can't win a friggin $1.

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

Great news!!!!!!!  We held the ACME Lottery last night and your number of 666 was the winner.  We will be sending a check to you for the grand prize of $10 after we receive your payment of $11 for the ticket that you hadn't paid for.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN, YOU CAN DO IT,

CHEER.jpg

YOU'RE THE BEST TAX MAN !!!  YEAHHHHH

just a little inspiration to help you

sjrcpa
Level 15

Extensions are your friend.

Ex-AllStar
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

The topic of extensions I find interesting but challenging. Say a client calls but at the time I am called I am all booked up.. if they are new clients I still have to devote a fair amount of time to get them in my system to file the extension and there is the issue of them owing or not.. And the other issue that I struggle with is some people will not go on extension and they will only go with you if you get it done before the regular deadline.. oh well.. just some things I deal with when it comes to extensions. 

dascpa
Level 11

Just in one day - on this Sunday.  I forgot I made $50,000 frim another W-2 job.  I forgot my 2nd child was in college also.  Oh, my charity was QCD, not regular.  Oh, I cashed out my HSA and didn't use it for medical purposes.  4 returns to redo.  And that's just today.  Anybody want some new clients?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I had one last week that kinda failed to mention that they got married last year after living together for quite some time.  She changed her name after they got married so they thought I would know that ---------- even though the name change never showed up on any of her tax documents.

Like I've said before, you start the story and someone will finish it.  We all have the same clients --------- just different names. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
linda2
Level 5

And then they wonder why you are charging them for a re-do🤷‍♀️

taxes96786
Level 9

Google... 5 hour energy independent reviews

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm sure he is looking at those reviews at this very moment.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Does Pub 17 cover this?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

5 hour energy drink?  I'm guessing it would be in Pub 5.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

d'oh... 😂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"