Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change PW

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Why Oh Why do they have ppl change the password so close to the end of the season????

Whose stupidity do we have to thank??? 

14 Comments 14
dkh
Level 15

I've discovered opening the 2019 tax program (after several months of not being in that program) will almost certainly require me to change my password.      Makes me want to scream.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

oh, now thats worse! 😮

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, 2019 nails me all the time with the change password prompt, WTH?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxes96786
Level 9

the security police

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@garman22 wrote:

Why Oh Why do they have ppl change the password so close to the end of the season????

Whose stupidity do we have to thank??? 

In case this isn't a rhetorical question . . . 🙂

You installed the software around New Year's Eve and it's been 90 days since you set your password.  Set a reminder on your calendar for next year to change your password in Feb, then you won't have to worry about it until May.  Or maybe they'll relax the requirements.  And by "they" I mean the IRS "Security Summit" who, for whatever reason, adopted antiquated password security rules from 20 years ago.

Rick

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  Once they instituted the password system, I have never had to change my password.

This is the internet right, so you have to believe everything you read 😜

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I have used pro basic for more years than I can count.

Those passwords for security reasons are only good for a certain amount of time and has to be reissued.

It takes approximately 30 secnds to enter a new password and then you are good for several  more months .

With only 30 seconds to do this what is the problem?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, in that 30 seconds, Jim could get two of his easier returns completed. 

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@rcooley25 wrote:

I have used pro basic for more years than I can count.

Those passwords for security reasons are only good for a certain amount of time and has to be reissued.

It takes approximately 30 secnds to enter a new password and then you are good for several  more months .

With only 30 seconds to do this what is the problem?

Some of us use complex passwords. We dont use Fireball over and over again as our password. So, I have to look up my password for awhile during a time when I am in a crunch to get my work done. 

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

But they force you to change by a certain date. If I could do that, I would be down with that. I usually wait until they tell me I have to. Grrrr.....most im just complaining, Rick. 😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

Quit complaining.  Just be like the rest of us and use Fireball#1 as the password.  Then when it's time to change go with #1Fireball.  If you just keep ping ponging between those two you won't have any issues. 😉

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@garman22 wrote:

Some of us use complex passwords. We dont use Fireball over and over again as our password. So, I have to look up my password for awhile during a time when I am in a crunch to get my work done. 

Oh, that's an easy fix.  Just write it on a post-it note and stick it on the side of your monitor. 🙂

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

My IT guy would kick my ass!!! 😂🤣😂

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

You drink Fireball over and over again.

0 Cheers