Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach to PDF Error.

mvp2885
Level 5

Got a client who is a VA resident and has a MD nonresident return. I get an error on the VA where it says "Credit allowed requires MD State Tax Return to be attached as a PDF to this return for EF. 

When I go to the the "E-File Option" and "Attach PDF Files" there are no files to attach. Where do I get the files and what file exactly does Proseries wants me to attach? Worse case scenario, I am sending it by mail, but prefer to E-file. 

Thanks. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

With ProSeries you have to manually print the state return to a PDF and then manually attach that PDF to the VA return (be sure to choose the correct efile attachment type, I forget exactly what it says but it's something like "OSC-Maryland").

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
rbynaker
Level 13

With ProSeries you have to manually print the state return to a PDF and then manually attach that PDF to the VA return (be sure to choose the correct efile attachment type, I forget exactly what it says but it's something like "OSC-Maryland").

mvp2885
Level 5

Thank you so much!! That worked! 

0 Cheers