Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody able to file FINCEN form 114?

zandw619
Level 3

The system is not allowing me to Efile it! possibly not ready yet?.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
what happens when you try?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
zandw619
Level 3

When I click on file electronically only the Federal comes up to file the FBAR is not shown at all.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

and you're sure youve marked the Fincen EF box on the Fed Info worksheet?  Then went over and completed the Fincen (File > Foreign Reporting) and saved upon exit?

Shows up in the EFcenter for me.

fincenef.png

poolcleaner
Level 9

You have to file FinCen from the efile center. Be certain you have checked to file the form on the information page. Then go to the efile center and verify that it shows the form in the correct column for 114. File the form from there.

0 Cheers
zandw619
Level 3

Yes to all you mentioned, but how do I get to File the Form?. Is  it from the EF center?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yes, in the EFcenter under Pending it should be listed with FBAR as form type.

zandw619
Level 3

It is listed as FBAR return type, but I see no pending column. I vaguely remember last year there were specific instructions as to how to file it and it was  much later than early February.

0 Cheers
zandw619
Level 3

Is it possible the system has not been set up to accept fling yet?

0 Cheers
Bear6
Level 1

I have checked the Box to file the FinCen 114 Electronically but it is not showing up on my EF Client list as Pending. 

0 Cheers
zandw619
Level 3

I was able to file one. You need to get to it through HomeBase. Highlight the return and click on  E-File. Then click on electronic filing and ask to convert and transmit returns. It worked for me.

0 Cheers