Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE-AMEND A NYS IT201

shf1957
Level 7

Filed a tax return for client taking the fireman credit.  After filing he stated he's not (just) a fireman.  I amended it and took off that credit.  Turns out I miss understood what he meant, he might have taken it as an insult, but he is the fire cheif of that firehouse...  It was my wording when i asked him.  Can i re-amend his taxes? What do I do.. remove the original amendment removing it.. then resubmit with it.  I also have the certificate showing he is the chief.  Please help.  

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Camp1040
Level 10

Yes you can amend an amendment, and if needed you could amend the amendment to the amendment.

Did you not explain what you were changing to the chief when you reviewed his amendment with him? Seems like he should have objected then.

0 Cheers
shf1957
Level 7

He said  it was lack of communication or understanding, he didn't realize it was a credit.  But accidents happen. 

0 Cheers
shf1957
Level 7

do I delete the first amendment forms, then click on amending and add the credit or will it not efile.   

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

You amend the amendment, not the original return . Not sure about the efile part.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Has your first amendment been filed and accepted?  I may have misunderstood your question.. 

0 Cheers
shf1957
Level 7

Yes the amendment was accepted and handled rapidly.   

0 Cheers
shf1957
Level 7

It's only for the state... federal stayed .. no amendment needed on the federal 

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Try it, amend the amendment and efile, if you get rejections you can't correct, then paper file.

0 Cheers