Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Clients are Duplicated in the HomeBase... 2022 & 2021

lauren_gubler
Level 2

Hello, 

When I open ProSeries 2022 all of the clients are duplicated in every view. When I enter data in a client file, the duplicate updates with the exact same info I entered on the original; the duplicate file names are exactly the same. If I enter data in the other file, it updates in the original as well. I tried to do homebase maintenance, update it, restart, refresh updates, etc., and nothing changes-- my computer is the only one at my firm that is doing this... I have seen other question threads with the same "duplicate clients in the homebase" issue, but because my duplicate files are updating at the same time as the original files, I am hesitant to try the reccommended steps listed on those question threads. I have not yet tried to delete and re-download the program because my computer is the admin computer, and I am not sure if doing that will mess anything up. This is happening on both 2021 & 2022 ProSeries

Please help me fix this!! 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you giving them different names when you save?   Are they saved in 2 different folders?  Scroll over to the end of the client line and see what path and filename you have showing for where the file is saved.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
lauren_gubler
Level 2

They have the same exact file names, and they are all saved in the same folder, in the exact same place in the ProSeries Data files. One file pathway is \\fileserver\server files\proseries data\pronet22\22data\filename.22s, and the duplicate pathway is .\22data\filename.22s, but the duplicates are listed as a .cache file in the proseries database.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Bummer.......   afraid you're going to need tech support to find out what's going on... You won't have any data loss but cleaning up home base will be a PITA. 

I tried network version a few years ago and remember a similar problem. Support was able to sort it out for me

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, I dont speak network either, sorry.  Support will have to take this one.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers