Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Sign In Required & Random Not Logged Out

dascpa
Level 11

Two new issues - any opinions?  Randomly while working in ProSeries it will now ask me to log in.  I thought it was designed if you were inactive for 30 minutes.  Also, randomly if inactive for hours it doesn't require relogging in.  Is ProSeries just messing with me?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I thought I saw a yellow banner alert a few weeks ago that said that IRS changed the requirements to a 12 hour log out so Intuit changed it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

That would be nice, but the random sign-ins could be at 5 minutes, 20 minutes, two hours, etc.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird.   This was the announcement I saw

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/authentication-changes...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@dascpa they must think that you are a shady character 😁

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

download, install and use a mouse-jiggle program. It will not shut-down ProSeries for hours and hours.

I keep my mouse jiggle program open on my desktop. Whenever I open PS I can work late into the night with no shut-down problems.  The only time it shut-down was when I forgot to close PS and it was open for nearly 24 hours before it decided it was "idle" and finally shut down.

0 Cheers