Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickbooks Link for preparer?

Good afternoon, 

I have a small business client who uses Quickbooks. He let me know that he added my email to quickbooks self-employed and it said it generated a link for me, but I have no idea how to retrieve it? 

Does anyone know how to make this magic happen? 😉 

Thank you, 

Dawn 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15
4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

Thank you!! What a week, I thought I had it figured out but two important things to know going forward. One, the links are only good for 24 hours. Two, my self-employed QB acct isn't the right type of QB to accept the invitation. Although, it would have been cool if they system could have just told me that. 😉 

Now, I'm trying to figure out pricing to see if an upgrade makes any sort of sense at all, lol 

Hope you're having a great weekend, Dawn 

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I've heard from a few bookkeepers that they don't care for QB Online.  But from my perspective as someone trying to get workable data to prepare tax returns,  I really appreciate being able to go fetch information and seeing what's behind the numbers.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Two, my self-employed QB acct isn't the right type of QB to accept the invitation."

If you mean, you are operating peer level to your client, then No.

That's why I noted you should be using the Accountant's Portal. And that's free to use. There might be some minimum, such as having 5 online clients. I don't recall and I'm not current on the rules, anyway.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.