Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickbooks download

britkate
Level 1

Has anyone been able to "update return with quickbooks desktop data"?  Is this an update that we should be waiting on?  In the past we have been able to do this, but we keep getting an error "unable to open a connection to Quickbooks"  We tried updating several times and rebooting computer, but wondering if this is internal at Intuit and others are experiencing the same issue.  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitGabi

Hi britkate! You can subscribe to the QuickBooks Status page for updates on their systems. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
Coop65
Level 2

Today I tried updating my 2022 Pro Series file with a 2021 QuickBooks Accountants Desktop company file and received the same error message. I am in single user mode also. I have updated my QuickBooks company file with the same error message being received. Have you tried updating your -to-QuickBooks 2022 yet? The reason I ask is because when I try to export from QuickBooks, I does show me that i can import to Pro series 2021. 

This should not be this hard to accomplish.

0 Cheers
Beanman63
Level 2

Sames exact issue! I called tech support and got the run around for an hour. Did a search and found this. Hopefully they will fix quickly.

Not much new tax code to blame it on.

I feel I am an unpaid beta tester for Intuit every tax year.

0 Cheers
Beanman63
Level 2

I have now been able to import from Quickbooks 2021, 2022, and 2023 into ProSeries 2022.

The trick is to log in as Admin.

I believe that is how it has been in the past as well. I forgot about it until now.

I am not sure why logging in as external account would not be an option.