Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to Proseries list of status of forms

tfmonroe
Level 2

I am seeing two columns on the Proseries list of status of forms. One is when you can print. The other is when you can efile. 

What I don't understand is what date will the form be available for me to input the data in the schedule and start reviewing it? 

For example, I can see many federal products say I cannot yet print or efile. But I can input the information now in the schedule online and review it. Example is form 740 for Kentucky for Individual tax.  But for Corporate tax, for Kentucky Form 720 specifically, I can't even update to include Kentucky as a state for the corporation at this point. So I definitely can't input anything for Form 720. I see 1-19-2023 now as the "can be printed date for Form 720." That is a nice date to know, but when will they release Kentucky corporate forms for input?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

For planning purposes, I would use the available to print date.  It might be ready earlier, but to not shatter dreams of having returns done earlier, go the safe route and plan on those print dates.

Slava Ukraini!
DonnaAbbott
Level 3

You are not alone.  Website says MA is ready to print.  However, MA is not available to download yet.  I have been on the phone with Tech Support twice today.  It's not available to download yet.  They are saying maybe January 17.  Not sure why they are saying these states are ready to print when we cannot even download them!!

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

P.S. focus is on getting the tax forms ready, updating the expected dates is not high priority.  Too many people will write in at 12:01am saying they promised it today.  The prescription for dealing with P.S. is to take a chill pill.  It will get done, some year and eventually.  Us old timers know to wait until (at least) late in January as we've done things too early and then P.S. will update software and it'll screw up what we've jumped the gun on.

But it raises more questions that are solely of ProSeries' making.  For example, I am working on an S Corp. I try to go to the IL S Corp and I get a message that says I have to download the product before I can access it.  Fair enough, but my downloads already have the IL 1120S marked.  When I look at the Forms Availability listing, the IL1120ST is not there.  So....is it already released and my downloads aren't working?  Or is it that it just is not available yet?  Without the information listed on their website that I can find, first thing tomorrow I'll be on the phone, just like Donna, and countless others who undoubtedly are calling in on similar issues. Those calls could be easily averted by some common sense clarity.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"by some common sense"

Sorry, you won't find that with an Intuit product. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
DonnaAbbott
Level 3

The website, which yesterday showed that the state was ready to print, now shows a release date of January 25 for MA software.    I see different dates for other states.  So I guess all of us calling and griping this week finally lit a fire under someone to update the website.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

It could be that, but doubtful.  ProSeries cannot give final approval until the Fed and state tax agencies give their blessing.  My guess is the original date was an expected/hopeful date.  We see delays all the time and everyone complains it's P.S. but it may not be.