Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: For a PA tax return, I am unable to e-file the Philadelphia BIRT and NPT. How do I know if a client is required to file this?

alicia-bdfinser
Level 1

The client is receiving royalties from natural gas found on his property and he is not located in Philadelphia. When I try to e-file without the BIRT and NPT selected, there is an error saying that these forms are not ready and must be checked.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

What Philadelphia income does he have? They're extracting natural gas in Philly?

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

What Philadelphia income does he have? They're extracting natural gas in Philly?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
alicia-bdfinser
Level 1
None that i can see. They're extracting gas on his home property, which is not in Philadelphia
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Then why do you have the Philly returns?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
alicia-bdfinser
Level 1
That is what I'm confused about. When I went to e-file without the BIRT and NPT, it stated that they were not ready and needed to be checked. This didn't happen on last year's return and he was receiving the royalties last year so I'm not sure why he would need to file this year if nothing has changed.
0 Cheers