Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI vs 1095A I know I saw something about there being some issues

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It all looked correct, passed the review, so I transmitted last night.  

Got accepted, but when  I open to print it, I get the  Things Have Changed message...but the original amounts look the same as the changed amounts....

I notice when I scroll through the Original Amts window that the calculations flicker and jump around, but eventually settle to the amounts expected.  

They do have to pay back some of the APTC, they also qualified for the CTC, some ACTC and some EIC and SEHI.... are all these computations making the program crazy?

Should I have not sent it in already?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, it is not uncommon that the Premium Tax Credit in connection with self employment goes crazy, and can even change after you file the tax return (it recalculates things when you open the tax return, and the calculations may be in a different order than when you originally prepared the tax return).

However, you said the numbers did not change.  That is likely due to a ProSeries update (or possibly even just the re-ordering of the PTC/SEHI calculation).  Some number or calculation was changed, but the result of the change did not actually affect the numbers on the tax return.  So the program detects that something changed, but can't really find what the change was because the final numbers are the same.

The Self Employed Health Insurance deduction (Line 29 of Schedule 1) does NOT automatically flow to the proper line on the QBI section on the bottom of Schedule C (or wherever else the self employment income is from), so you need to manually enter it there.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, it is not uncommon that the Premium Tax Credit in connection with self employment goes crazy, and can even change after you file the tax return (it recalculates things when you open the tax return, and the calculations may be in a different order than when you originally prepared the tax return).

However, you said the numbers did not change.  That is likely due to a ProSeries update (or possibly even just the re-ordering of the PTC/SEHI calculation).  Some number or calculation was changed, but the result of the change did not actually affect the numbers on the tax return.  So the program detects that something changed, but can't really find what the change was because the final numbers are the same.

The Self Employed Health Insurance deduction (Line 29 of Schedule 1) does NOT automatically flow to the proper line on the QBI section on the bottom of Schedule C (or wherever else the self employment income is from), so you need to manually enter it there.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ugh, I did miss entering SEHI on the QBI portion of Sch C.   But when I entered it the refund amount didn't change...so I think Im still ok.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Yeah, if the 20% is based on the "taxable income" rather than the Business Income, it won't make a difference.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:+1::+1:

0 Cheers