Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PY State Allocation Worksheet

Hello, 

I have a client that moved from WI to TX and I am trying to allocate the income for each state, but I keep getting additional lines to fill in for the state of WI and I am not able to clear these to get the red errors to clear off of the section any advise on how to clear the additional line not needed?

PY State Allocation error screenshot.PNG 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

I used to fight with this.  I think the solution is to adjust the wages on the W-2 state section rather than on the PY allocation wks.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
rbynaker
Level 13

I used to fight with this.  I think the solution is to adjust the wages on the W-2 state section rather than on the PY allocation wks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This used to happen to me as well.

I "think" it would happen if I switched over to a state return before using the allocation worksheet...if I got rid of all state returns, then used the allocation worksheet, then opened the state returns, it would flow properly...at least thats how I always do it now, and I havent had that issue anymore.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

Thanks for the advice will try this and hopefully this works...I am ready to wrap this return up :-).

0 Cheers
LouAlfeld
Level 2

This PY Allocation worksheet kept adding a line as was originally posted.

This is what I discovered as my mistake: 

On my Income section, I had an old W-2 that no longer applied to the Taxpayer.  Even though there were NO amounts on the form, the PY Allocation worksheet anticipated additional information.  Once I removed the unnecessary W-2 (the culprit), the additional lines  on the PY Allocation worksheet disappeared.