Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTE Pass-Through Entity MN - Carry over to federal 1040

lisaj
Level 2

Good morning, 

I am not able to get the PTE payment to carry over to the federal side on the personal taxes.  Could someone assist in how I would go about how to get this credit to carry over to federal? The S-Corp is completed and I have the KS for MN but it is not pulling the taxes paid to the schedule A

Thank you and I really appreciate your help and guidance.

Lisa Johnson

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

The main purpose of the PTET election is to avoid Schedule A and its limitation of $10K for state and local taxes.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Intuit_KevinF
Employee
Employee

Hello! 

Your question regarding PTE Pass-Through Entity MN was applied to the Intuit Tax Advisor program page.  This input must be made in a tax program and considering you are a ProSeries user I have moved your post to the ProSeries Tax Discussions room. 

I was however able to find the following article on entering this information into Proseries here: 
    https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/2447901-how-to-enter-minnesota-pte-tax-in-proserie...

0 Cheers
    IRonMaN
    Level 15

It should already be carried over to the federal by way of having been subtracted from net income on line 1 of the K-1.

Slava Ukraini!
    sjrcpa
    Level 15

The main purpose of the PTET election is to avoid Schedule A and its limitation of $10K for state and local taxes.

Ex-AllStar