Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSO Deduction: New law no longer requires premium to be pd directly. Why hasn't wording on 1099R worksheet changed to reflect this change?

uhtaxmba
Level 3

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4

This is not ProSeries customer service.  We here can speculate all day why the wording hasn't changed but we can't give you the definitive answer.  I suggest you call customer service and ask them.  Not saying you are going to get a definitive answer from them but at least you will be asking the right people.

ljr
Level 8

and if we know what the law is and put the correct amount on the worksheet line it really does not matter exactly what it says. The worksheet does not go to IRS. If you just put your correct amount on the worksheet and it flows to the 1040 showing PSO with the amt reduced you are good to go. 

As to why that is an intuit question but I suppose they have other more important bugs to fix where forms don't work correctly at all. 

uhtaxmba
Level 3

Thanks for your response and insight, and I intend to do exactly as your response indicated.  However, for as much money as we pay for the software, it should be up-to-date with the current law.  I am hopeful that someone from Intuit will read this post and react accordingly.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Don’t hold your breath waiting for that reaction 

Slava Ukraini!