Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries won't update

KTracey
Level 2

ProSeries 2022 will not update on my Windows 11 system.  Get an error message that my PC does not have an app that can open the 'res' link.  I need my system fully operational and able to be updated.  So far, support has not resolved this.

0 Cheers
19 Comments 19
ljr
Level 8

There are a lot of post about windows 11 and proseries issues. Did you try searching to see if someone already posted with an answer or work around? This is why I am holding on to windows 10 and not going to 11 until Proseries has the kinks worked out. 

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Try running update from the windows menu

IRonMaN
Level 15

We updated computers late last year that came with Windows 11.  I haven't had any issues with ProSeries ---------- sometimes you just have to grab those scissors and start running. ✂️

Slava Ukraini!
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I also am using Windows 11 with no issues. You can also try repair updates from windows menu

KTracey
Level 2

I have checked and rerun Windows update multiple times.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled ProSeries as well.  Have consulted with Microsoft, my computer manufacturer, and Geek Squad as well as ProSeries support many times.  The first three say it has to be a ProSeries problem because everything else on my system runs perfectly.  ProSeries support has finally sent the problem to the next tier of support (or so I'm told) but have not resolved the problem as yet.

KTracey
Level 2

Have also tried repair updates too.  No luck.

KTracey
Level 2

I have been searching for answers for a while now.  The only thing I've found related to a res link is years old information related to Internet Explorer which is no longer supported.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You have much more patience than me.  To go through all of that and still not have it work, I would have pitched the computer through my office window.  I hope you find a solution soon.

Slava Ukraini!
Jonesin1
Level 4

Type in Windows updates and check those..install those and any optional updates.

PATAX
Level 15

I have Windows 11 too, and thank God no problems...years ago had software issues - one would blame the other - my hunch was it was an automatic windows update that caused issue, but not sure. Good Luck it is frustrating.

Bob G
Level 3

Same problem here.  Intuit is not helpful but must help me to update the program

called an IT company. They researched & suggested that I delete everything from computer and reload all programs. However, they said there are no guarantees it won’t still be there

need it to help resolve this problem

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

I called Intuit yesterday

no help yet

intuit must fix this problem

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

Same here - can not update and can not repair or refresh updates

intuit needs to fix this bug

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

Tried with Intuit rep.  No luck yet

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

Intuit needs to resolve this problem but they are not very helpful so far

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

this may be Intuit trying to push their hosting service.   Their ad follows this post

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

HELP!  I have the same problem.

How did you fix the problem?

0 Cheers
Bob G
Level 3

hat was one of the first things - no luck

0 Cheers
KTracey
Level 2

I was finally able to resolve this problem with Microsoft.  I had to save/back up all of my files I wanted to keep first, and reinstall them and the software programs I use afterward, but the solution for me was a complete reinstall of Windows 11.

The process to get to the solution took weeks and multiple attempts with various repairs which did not solve the problem before getting to the solution.  Support personnel from Microsoft, Intuit, ProSeries, QuickBooks (I know, the last three are related but each has its own support team), and Dell ended up on first name basis with me and we could recognize each other's voices.

Hopefully this solution will be of use to others with the same issues without having to go through all of the frustrations and hours, days, weeks with Support that I had to.