Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Validation Code

GodFather
Level 8

Is it necessary to always receive a text of your validation code each time you open ProSeries or can you make your desktop a trusted location?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may have chosen to set up 2 step verification at some point somewhere.

You can log in here   https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html   choose  Sign in and Security and scroll down that window to the 2 Step option, this is what it looks like if its turned OFF, so yours probably says  Turn OFF.

2step.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may have chosen to set up 2 step verification at some point somewhere.

You can log in here   https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html   choose  Sign in and Security and scroll down that window to the 2 Step option, this is what it looks like if its turned OFF, so yours probably says  Turn OFF.

2step.png

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If it is turned off already, my next guess would be that youve got a your cookies set to delete too often or youve got a broken cookie for Intuit in there somewhere so its not recognizing you.

PATAX
Level 15

@GodFather In the past I received these codes, now I do not.. A colleague did not receive them in the past but now he is ... So it appears to be random... Maybe next year it will stop... Just my opinion....

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I get them when I clear my internet cache and cookies, and every now and again I get it randomly

GodFather
Level 8

Two step was turned off.  Thanks for the info, Lisa.  Just turned it off. 

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

@Just-Lisa-Now-I am getting them all the time.  My authentication is turned off.  Do I have to contact support?

Dusty

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If it is turned off already, my next guess would be that youve got a your cookies set to delete too often or youve got a broken cookie for Intuit in there somewhere so its not recognizing you.

Id do a complete dump of your temporary internet files as well as cookies in all browsers and make sure you dont have cookies set to delete on a regular basis (could an anti virus be doing this automatically?), then restart the computer, start up ProSeries again and log in.    Close out the program and start it up again and see if it still does it.....if it does, then yes, Id call support.

Dusty2
Level 7

Support S_ _ _ S!

It is not support it is someone answering the phone with a script and no understanding of what is going on.  And good luck talking to anyone with and knowledge.

Dusty

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

@IntuitGabiI saw your contact on another post.  I have called into support (correction - people who know nothing but how to read a script) 6 times to solve a signin problem.  Several times they forwarded me to supervisors.  They have me try things but there is no resolution.

They now have forwarded it (I assume) actual INTUIT employees on Friday.  No one has called me back.

Is there anyone actually working in customer support to fix this problem or is there no more customer support?  What you have now is the worst that I have dealt with in a LONG time. 

Dusty

IntuitGabi

@Dusty2 This is not ideal. Thanks for reaching out. 

Did you try any  @Just-Lisa-Now- steps listed above?
About how many times is it asking you to log in per hour?

I'll pass this feedback a long and do some research. 

0 Cheers