Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Tax Scan and Import

joelcard
Level 2

I have tried to download data from 1099s and W-2s into Proseries, and the accuracy rate is maybe 50% at best. I'm trying to decide whether to renew this year or not, and I'm wondering if you have made any improvements to the software. Please let me know. Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@joelcard wrote:

I have tried to download data from 1099s and W-2s into Proseries,

What exactly are you doing?  If you are downloading the 1099s and W-2s, that should should have a MUCH higher accuracy rate than 50%.  Probably more like 98%.  And that has nothing to do with the qualify of the software (which is free with ProSeries), that has to do with the financial institutions entering their data.

But if you are scanning and importing with the add-on software, that is different.  The accuracy is probably similar to previous years.  However, if the accuracy percentage is that low, it could also be the quality or settings of your scanner.

0 Cheers