Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Professional - California estimated payments

kern
Level 3

Efiled taxpayer's 2021 federal & state return. 

It was accepted on 7/19/22.

Taxpayer is stating that California FTB withdrew both 1st quarter and 2nd quarter estimated tax payments that the taxpayer had already made prior.

Tax file DOES NOT have estimated payments as being e-filed nor auto paid, also does not have any amount due setup on AWD. 

Any ideas?  Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If it didnt get scheduled and sent with the return, Im gonna go with user error and they paid twice somehow OR CA just screwed up and debited the amounts twice.

They may want to call FTB EFW number and inquire as to what payments have been scheduled. 916-845-0353

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kern
Level 3

I'm leaning toward user error or CA really messed this up.

Taxpayer paid quarterly estimated in April & June.

These two payments happen to match new coupons that I sent to taxpayer the day or two before the payments were taken out of the account and the same day that the state return was accepted. 

I have combed through everything I can think of and there is nothing on my end that indicates AWD, not even for amount due with return.

I also know that taxpayer paid amount due with return on the CA website. Wondering if they may have just made those payments as well and didn't document it - unusual but possible, I suppose.

0 Cheers