Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Power Tax Library

Jtax LLC
Level 3

Forgive me if this is a dumb question...what exactly is the "Proseries Power Tax Library"?  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It is the package that includes all of the forms and states offered by ProSeries and you can file as many returns as you like without getting nicked for any additional fees.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

It is the package that includes all of the forms and states offered by ProSeries and you can file as many returns as you like without getting nicked for any additional fees.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

You sold me IRMN.  Thats what I am switching to.  I had to pay extra an extra $440 for my Quick Path.  Does the Library include that? 😋

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, but even if you just bought a box of Intuit chocolate chip cookies, you would be charged the fast path fee.  Remember, the users asked for that fee, so that is why they charge it.  To date, I have yet to track down a single user that asked for it, but I am still on the trail doing my tracking so I haven't given up on finding someone quite yet.

Slava Ukraini!
msmith7305
Level 7

Do you know what the Tax Library costs for a current Pro Series user?

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

My bill was $7,417.00 for everything including Fast Path, FAM, and organizers.  It does not include hosting, e-sig, import, or any of the other non-tax add-ons Intuit offers.  Be aware, my state charges sales taxes on the product so it may be higher than yours.  In case you're curious it went down from $7,476.18 in 2021 but up from $6,706.00 in 2020.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But how did it go down?  Back in May you said you had a 5.16 percent increase.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

and that probably included the early renewal discount...I dunno what they'll get ya for now, they dont know either, thats why its not posted anywhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

does that include all states returns at no add'l fees?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Yes

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

well, heck... i do the power tax lite...and its almost the same price.  then i pay out the *&% for each state, that is not one of my chosen 4

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

ProSeries Pay Per Return fees have gotten exorbitant.  I do the math every year and find the full library is best for me.

gary1861
Level 4

I switched to the full library a year or two ago, as I saw that I had exceeds that cost due to all of the out of state returns, etc.  Funny how no one at Intuit mentioned that until I called to switch.

ajp
Level 5

You get a better deal than I do.  Just to get power tax light, the network version, and the required fast path, I am at $7,758.37 after sales tax.  I just called to see how much more for the power tax library.  It was quite a jump!  I couldn't quite get a good list of what it included, but I think I got the gist of it. 

Amy

glw1861
Level 3

I don't have a network (it is just me), so that probably makes a huge difference on the cost.  When I had the light version, I had to pay for state returns not in the state I chose, as well as for Corporate returns (since I had fewer of them than I did the other types of returns).  It was those costs that made the full version less expensive for me.  I also don't recall if I also had to pay for 706, 709 and 5500 forms as well under the light version.