Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries no longer prompting to save client files

AXW
Level 2

Why is 2023 ProSeries no longer prompting to save client files when we enter data and then click to go to HomeBase or <crtl> + O to open the next client file? Also Auto-Save doesn't seem to be working correctly in 2023. This has never been an issue in the last 20 years of using ProSeries.

The prompt to save works intermittently ONLY if we click to go to the e-file HomeBase, but even that is not consistent. 

The prompt to save still works for prior ProSeries years, so obviously not a computer issue, but programming fault with 2023.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Other have mentioned this, Im not sure if this is a bug or by design.

I make it a habit of switching over to the state return prior to exiting (since Ive seen it not prompt to save or it saves things I didnt really want to save, I would have chosen NO), it has ALWAYS prompted to save when switch over to the state before exiting the file... hopefully this holds true for the 2023 product.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AXW
Level 2

Just tried switching to state and then opening another client file, but still no prompt to save client before exiting. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

ok, now thats weird.

@IntuitGabi  can you weigh in on this, bug or by design?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, we'll look into this @Just-Lisa-Now- & @AXW 

0 Cheers