Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries is frequently losing the firm/preparer information

ajp
Level 5

Is anyone else having this problem?

ProSeries will lose the firm/preparer information frequently.  It is not happening because of an update.  It will be there as I work on a return.  I close that return, and even if I open the same one back up, I will now have an error for no firm/preparer information.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have not experienced that.   I feel like Ive seen other people mention it though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
nmc
Level 2

We are having our firm/preparer information disappear.  It happended 1st on the morning of Friday, March 8, 2024.  We got it back that night.

We are renaming "SHRFRM" file in the common file folder under network drive / ProNetYY / Common to old.  Doing this in 2021, 2022 & 2023.  Open 2021,  open 2022 & then open 2023 & sometimes comes back.

We lost it again Monday 3/11/2024 in the evening.  Got it back late Tuesday night, 3/12/2024.

We just lost our firm/preparer information again this evening, 3/16/2024.

I have been on the phone with ProSeries for hours trying to fix when down.

They untimately told me they had done all that they could do.  It was not their problem.  It was a problem with our "environment" or "Network".  We had been working fine since January and no changes to anything on our side.  

I did post something about this, probably on 3/12/2024 or 3/13/2024 in this Accountants Community.  

The last couple of times that we lost the information, I have managed to go through the fix steps and get the information back.  Hoping to do that right now.  

Someone from "ProSeries Engineering" responded to my post and asked for my logs, so I sent them to them.  They then asked for my "ShrFrm" files, so I sent those as well.  Tonight, I emailed them the most recent "ShrFrm" files after losing the firm information again.  

I hope "ProSeries Engineering" is working on this and fix this issue, so it stops happening.

How have you been getting your information back?  Are you doing anything in particular one it happens?  I think it could be related to e-filing or error checking?

Noreen

0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

We hadn't found a consistent solution.  Sometimes we run "fix updates" with success.  Sometimes we go back in and try to set up the firm again.  However, most the time we move on to the next return.  When it finally comes back (this seems random) we quickly finish up the stuff that was on hold.  Fortunately, we don't work on returns with clients present.

It would be nice if the problem went away.  It is most definitely not our network.  The server sits next to my workstation.  We are a very small firm (two people) so I know no one messed with settings. 

0 Cheers