Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries forms in use bar is not pulling down legible form listing

EDauerman
Level 3

Proseries basic "forms in use" is not pulling down readable form lists?

Any advice how to adjust settings to have this work?

It works in 2022 version, but not 2023?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EDauerman
Level 3

Thanks.  That got me to the fix that worked from last year.

The problem with adjusting the resolutions on the systems settings menu is that it interferes with using the computer by making things unreadable for my system.

For me, what worked was making some small changes in the desktop shortcut that launches ProSeries (this is why it was fine for the previous year when I checked, but was "broken" in the new tax year).

The fix was to right click on the Shortcut, Select "Properties", Go to the "Compatibility" Tab, click the box marked "Change High DPI Settings", Make Sure to Check "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings", Make sure to Check "Override High DPI Scaling behavior performed by:" and select "System" in the drop down box.  Click "OK".

Then, the fix is applied just to the individual program (when launched through the shortcut), and won't effect the usability of the rest of your system. Thank you again for the link you sent. I'm adding this here in case others have my problem (AND so I remember next year).

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

repair updates…. Shut down and restart… attach your computer to a sturdy line and repurpose as a boat anchor 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
EDauerman
Level 3

Not sure that was a very helpful response, I'll wait to hear back from someone else. A few years ago this happened, and they did offer a correction workaround.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is the screen distorted?  Im not sure I know what you mean by not legible.

Maybe this will help, usually people complain about cut off pages, but this does say distorted menus.

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/display-preferences/proseries-menu-options...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
EDauerman
Level 3

Thanks.  That got me to the fix that worked from last year.

The problem with adjusting the resolutions on the systems settings menu is that it interferes with using the computer by making things unreadable for my system.

For me, what worked was making some small changes in the desktop shortcut that launches ProSeries (this is why it was fine for the previous year when I checked, but was "broken" in the new tax year).

The fix was to right click on the Shortcut, Select "Properties", Go to the "Compatibility" Tab, click the box marked "Change High DPI Settings", Make Sure to Check "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings", Make sure to Check "Override High DPI Scaling behavior performed by:" and select "System" in the drop down box.  Click "OK".

Then, the fix is applied just to the individual program (when launched through the shortcut), and won't effect the usability of the rest of your system. Thank you again for the link you sent. I'm adding this here in case others have my problem (AND so I remember next year).