Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries eSignature Question

gammoncs
Level 3

I have not used eSignature in the past but after attending some of the online webinars I decided to try it this year, at least for the clients who are physically further away.  I noticed when I loaded my 2022 software this year, there were the 5 free signatures to use.  So since I have about 15 clients who live in other cities, I bought 10 eSignatures after one of the Intuit training sessions.  When January 1st rolled around the 10 new eSignatures that I bought showed as available but the 5 "free" signatures were gone.  Why did I lose the free eSignatures because I bought 10?  Just wondering.

Danny Gammon

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

Hello @gammoncs 

Sorry to say but the 5 trial esigs expire at the end of the year. 

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

Hmm.  So they give you five that expire before you have any tax documents to use them on.  I really thought that last year the 5 free ones sat there all year.  Oh well.  I will just try eSignature with 10 clients this year.

Thanks for the response.

Danny

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

Reach out to Intuit and explain your situation.  Maybe they extend a courtesy.  While it probably won't happen, it's worth the call.  Good luck. 

gammoncs
Level 3

I will give it a try.

Thanks.

gammoncs
Level 3

Ok, I will express my dis-satisfaction and then be quiet.  Every year (in December) for the last several years when I install my Intuit Proseries software the offer for 5 free eSignature envelopes shows up under my eSignature section.  So when I installed my Tax Year 2022 Intuit ProSeries Basic software, like every year, the 5 free eSignatures were available.  Now since 2022 tax returns can't be filed until the end of January the next year (2023) there was not a need to try these "free" eSignature envelopes until at lease the end of January 2023.  However, after the Intuit virtual training session in December 2022, I was convinced that eSignatures would be beneficial to my business when I started filing 2022 tax returns in 2023.  And since there was a special offered during that virtual session I decided to buy 10 eSignature envelopes right then which should have given me 15 (5 "free" and 10 purchased) to use when tax return filing was allowed in 2023.  It seems that my mistake was to buy the 10 envelopes in 12/2022 instead of in 01/2023 because the 10 I purchased did not show up as available until 01/01/2023 and since I did not have any way to use the 5 "free" envelopes during 12/2022 they disappeared from my account on 01/01/2023.  Support has said this is the way it works.... Sorry!  Then to add insult to injury, on 01/18/2023 (yesterday) I get an email from Intuit saying that my Intuit Proseries account has 5 free eSignature that I can activate and use.  Obviously that is not true or I would not be expressing my frustration today.  Anyway, I said all of that to say that NO my issue did not get resolved and Intuit Support is not planning on resolving it.  Now I have vented so I will be quiet.  Be aware of "free" stuff.

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

I used ProSeries and eSignature for the first time last year.  I was given five free eSigatures and I ultimately purchased more.  When I renewed ProSeries in May 2022, I also purchased 50 eSignatures.  After downloading the 2023 program it provided me with the message of 5 Free.  After clicking that message, it recognized that I had already taken advantage of that offer.  I think the 5 Free is a one time offer and not repeated every year, but I may be wrong. 

0 Cheers
pallsevy
Level 3

I have used the eSignature the past 2 years.  I have learned to use the 5 free ones in the current year and then buy more.  I use all five before I buy.  I'm sorry you experienced that problem.  Makes me think to continue using the same process next year so I don't lose the free ones.  I do know that the eSignature purchases do not carryover to the next year so I am very judicious at the end of the season in how many I buy.

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

Yes, now I know what to do next year.  Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth, for a little while, for the proper process to not be explained about actually getting to use 5 free signatures.  Well, live an learn.  

Thanks for your comment.

Danny

0 Cheers
pallsevy
Level 3

I got the sign sour feeling in reading your question 😉🤔

0 Cheers