Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries download 2019 Problems

Kas0430
Level 2

I can't seem to download ProSeries Basic 2019.  The error is that it cannot locate the common file and to contact Tech Support. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had trouble in past years using the prior year software link to download the new year, I dont even try it anymore.  

Close all programs and reboot your computer, then try to download using the Inutit website and see if you have any better luck.

https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Cant download or cant install?    Are you logging into your Intuit account and downloading from there?  or using the Download Next Years Product link within the 2018 program?

0 Cheers
Kas0430
Level 2

I used the download Next Years Product link within the 2018 program? Kas0430

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had trouble in past years using the prior year software link to download the new year, I dont even try it anymore.  

Close all programs and reboot your computer, then try to download using the Inutit website and see if you have any better luck.

https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/

Kas0430
Level 2

Thanks for your help!   I uninstalled and used the disc.  That did work!  

gead
Level 2

I had problems installing from the download on one system. When the disk came in the mail, i used that and it installed properly. The download and install process is therefore problematic with some systems.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen multiple posts that say the CD solved their install issues...I wonder what the CD includes that the online download doesn't? 

@IntuitBettyJo  @IntuitAustin  could you maybe pass this bit of info along to the powers that be?

0 Cheers
gead
Level 2

It's hard to say, Lisa. But when the primary (server) system installs fine with the download and then a similar (64 bit, win10) system fails, it's not really work figuring it out. i mean, the problem is resolved with the disk - and the install only needs to be done once, right?

it's up to Intuit to figure that out, and now that it works, they cannot replicate the problem on my system. so for me, I let it go once I got it installed. I think I posted the solution when this happened about 3 or 4 weeks ago..