Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries crashing when selecting help or cross reference

JMad
Level 3

Is anyone else having an issue with the Proseries program crashing when you hit the help or cross reference choices?  I have updated my program and this still occurs.

10 Comments 10
ggardner-next
Level 2

Yes. I, too, have had that happen twice since Sunday afternoon. Program software updated, click on Help link within the program and system crashes. Attempted a service request via email but no response as of yet.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup, the system has a cockroach running around inside of it.  Click either of those and you get to start all over again because the program packs up and heads for home, leaving you all alone at the bus stop.

Slava Ukraini!
Dusty2
Level 7

I have had the same problem.  I came up with a work around that seems to work.

I save the file prior to doing the cross reference and it works for me.

Dusty

IRonMaN
Level 15

I solved it by no longer hitting help or cross reference 😀

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

YES!  I keep sending in that little Feedback window that say to explain what you were doing when the crash happens....just accessing the HELP feature, not very helpful!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Ive had same thing happen. Not much of a help....hinderance I'd venture to say. 

0 Cheers
JMad
Level 3

Saving the file first does not work.  Just protects what you have input

0 Cheers
JMad
Level 3

How can we get this situation escalated??

0 Cheers
taxman1
Level 4

Been an issue for the past several years on my pc.  Click on help or the ? and BAM, programs crashes.  The forms bar causes issues too if I minimize the program.  When I restore ProSeries to full screen the forms bar will be black.  And as soon as I click it off under the "view" options the program crashes.  I just started ProSeries as "Administrator" in the Icon options.  Will try help and see if that helps.  In my opinion its a "graphics" issue.  But I could be wrong.  Ever since Proseries changed the help format a few years ago it started here.

0 Cheers
taxman1
Level 4

Well running program as "admin" didnt help.  Click help and BAMM !!  Crash again !!  

0 Cheers