Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries crashing when e-filing

her59
Level 2

I saw that last tax season many people were having problems with proseries crashing when e-filing.  I did not see a resolution on any of the threads, was there one?  It is happening to me and support has been no help.  I have literally spent 3 days on the phone with them.  They tell me the problem is with my computer, but I have run all the diagnostics SFC, Chkdsk and DISM and fixed any errors.  I have re-installed both windows and the .Net Framework.  Everything is updated.  Can anyone help?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Haven't heard about crashing when e-filing this year but it's still early in the season....

Tech support blaming your equipment is part of their problem solving methodology and protocol.

Before you call tech support..........  

1. Verify that your equipment is compatible with the systems requirements chart (Rule of thumb is to double whatever they recommended. 

2. Purchase or subscribe to 2 or 3 antivirus, antiworm, and cyberwarfare defense programs. 

3.  Invest in sturdy 15' chain or rope. Attach one end to workstation and monitor(s). The other end to  the stern cleat on (minimum) 90HP outboard boat. Drag for 30 minutes to clean out cobwebs.  

If it still doesn't work try this website.

www.techsupportemploymentopportunities@intuit.com

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers