Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Basic in previous years will not open client taxes

kitnTX
Level 2

Not a tax issue.  A product issue.  I am trying to open past tax returns (from 2013 forward) and I get an Unable to Open message.  On further discovery, I find the Update portion of the Program is no longer installed.  I attempted to download and install another program from this site and it still isn't working.  How do I get to my clients' tax files if I can't open them?  

Irritated to the max.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonesin1
Level 4
0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

"How do I get to my clients' tax files if I can't open them?"

You don't have a pdf copy or paper copy saved?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
kitnTX
Level 2

I don't have from 2012 forward.  They are in storage in another State; client has his copies but they, too are in storage in another State!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Intuit doesnt support the programs back that far, so they can be updated and support wont help with them anymore either.

I always tell my clients keep all the copies of the actual tax returns back as far as you have room to store them, you never know when you might need them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kitnTX
Level 2

Oh my.  

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4
0 Cheers
kitnTX
Level 2

I can't thank you enough~!  I could NOT for the love of Pete, open the 2014.  It reads Unable to Open, even after I installed the 2014 program.  Every other year worked.

Now can I ask, is there another grouping of say 2019 and 2020?

Jonesin1
Level 4
Windows 10:
  1. Select the Windows button.
  2. Scroll through the folders to find the folder for ProSeries 20YY where YY is the year that needs updated.
  3. Click ProSeries Update. The updates will automatically download.
  4. Select Install Now when prompted.
  5. Open ProSeries. The updates will be applied now.
Feb 2, 2023