Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Access Rights requires an important file that is missing, corrupt, or has been modified.

dsteincpa
Level 3

Just got this error today after updating - Now I can't get into program

0 Cheers
24 Comments 24
ljr
Level 8

Have you tried shutting down and restarting the computer? Sometimes when I get an error message that works. 

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

Yes & updating & all 4 computers are out

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee

Could you please upload the capture of the error here. And please send the "ProSeries Logs" from Help => Send Logs => Send the logs on desktop to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com

Thanks.

lynn2
Level 1

We are having the same issue this morning, I have5 computers down, I have updated, installed ran the update repair tool and rebooted all under administrator - nothing in working

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee
ljr
Level 8

I now have 1 computer working and 2 with this message. 

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

I can only get into 1 computer not my other 3

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

Also - is not letting me into my electronic preparer info or Firm Info under options

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_Ramky  so those of us that havent opened the program yet today, should we use Repair Updates prior to avoid this situation...is this something that has been fixed on your end so it doesnt keep happening?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I'm trying to follow the link but it is still not working

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

the only computer its working on is the admin computer. all workstations give me the error message.

0 Cheers
KarenWCPA
Level 2

We have the same issue (all but admin station).  We all restarted.  We also followed the fix referred to (deleting the Callisto files).  The OPT file won't delete - it says it is in use. Then when we try to get into PS, the other 2 Callisto files reappear.  Please help. Thanks!

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

Yes, nothing is working now - lots of weird errors -

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

A little more detail for intuit - the update came down this morning (admin computer) but when we go to open 2022 program the updates available box does not pop up. So I'm guessing the update did something to the workstations that they do not even give you the option to update them. 

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

This absolutely DOESN'T work - my IT guy deleted the files & still can't get into 2022

0 Cheers
KarenWCPA
Level 2

We called PS, they were able to help by walking the admin computer through using the PS Tool Hub & going to Program Problems.  Hope that helps.  We are up and running now.  

ljr
Level 8

Thanks, the fix worked - I can now get on the workstations. 

0 Cheers
tuffyjensen
Level 1

Basically the same issue here. Did updates this morning and now when I go to login the login window opens but nothing appears in the window, ie no boxes to enter the username and login. Therefore I cannot login. I followed the other thread and deleted the callisto files.

0 Cheers
tuffyjensen
Level 1

Every time I try to login the Callisto files show back up in the common folder. I suggest do not update your proseries until this is fixed or you will not be able to login. Very annoying for the cost of this program!

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

do what Karen posted it worked 

lynn2
Level 1

Have you had any luck getting back online for 22 proseries, 

Been on phone with proseries for 2 hours no help

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

I called & read the tech guy this message - took 2 hours but got it done

"We called PS, they were able to help by walking the admin computer through using the PS Tool Hub & going to Program Problems.  Hope that helps.  We are up and running now.  "

The update messed up a microsoft.net file so it had to be repaired

0 Cheers
lynn2
Level 1

What number did you call. We have had 2 techs and they can't figure it out.  What did they have you do?  Thanks for any help.  It's been a lost dsy

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

1-800-434-6818

I called & read the tech guy this message below-

"We called PS, they were able to help by walking the admin computer through using the PS Tool Hub & going to Program Problems.  Hope that helps.  We are up and running now.  "

(The update messed up a microsoft.net file so it had to be repaired)

0 Cheers