Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2021 freezes/not responding when trying to e-file individual return

kmuller
Level 2

I have spent half my day trying to resolve this issue! Recently the 2021 ProSeries software has been giving a coworker some issues with not being able to print, difficulty saving, and unable to e-file without it crashing or freezing. I have been handling this aspect for him since mine was not giving issue on my computer until just recently. I started having trouble printing - it would freeze/crash, but usually on the second attempt I could get it to print. Now I have been completely unsuccessful trying to e-file an individual return. I e-filed a nonprofit return earlier today, with only brief issue, but I cannot for the life of me get this individual return to e-file!! I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled. I have run the tools repair updates. I have tried unchecking the conversion error checking when e-filing. Now I can't even save the file without it freezing.

To be clear, in my case today with this file it is freezing - it says not responding if I click off of it after it sits circling for several minutes. I then have to close the program. I have had a couple of true crashes, but I can't seem to pinpoint why freezing vs. crashing is occurring.

Any help here?? I can't get this return e-filed!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Windows 11?    Its a known issue, not sure if its been solved yet though...you may want to add a reply to this thread

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-windows-11-updates-2...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Windows 11?    Its a known issue, not sure if its been solved yet though...you may want to add a reply to this thread

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-windows-11-updates-2...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kmuller
Level 2

Yep, Windows 11 - I'll read through the thread and post in there. Thank you!

mango1965
Level 1

HAVING ISSUE WITH 2021 TAX SOFTWARE. IT FREEZES WHEN CLOSING THE TAX RETURN.

0 Cheers