Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2021 crashes when opening any return

LJHCPA
Level 4

I'm trying to access a previously prepared and filed return from 2021, but ProSeries keeps crashing. I've tried to update installed products and it crashes. I try to open any return and it crashes. No error messages or dialog boxes, it just disappears from the screen.

I have a network install and can start the program from any of three workstations. It crashes on all workstations when trying to do anything.

Any clues or solutions?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
LJHCPA
Level 4

Just adding more information. I found a thread here about ProSeries 2021 and a Windows 11 update that was causing returns not to be saved. I don't think this is my problem. One of my workstations is running Windows 10 and has the same problem as the other two running Windows 11.

I can open a return file and it will briefly display the Federal Information worksheet, but the forms in use in the left hand column are not displayed. It takes about 5 second for that panel to be refreshed, and when it does the program crashes. I can open and save returns in the 2020 ProSeries and in 2022. Only 2021 is having problems. 

I've updated my server running Windows Server 2019 Essentials and all the workstations, but the problem persists. When trying to update ProSeries 2021 from any of the workstations it briefly displays a blank box, but that box disappears in a few seconds, as if no updates are found, but it does not report "No Updates Found" like other year's programs do.

Do I need to reinstall ProSeries 2021 on the server?  How do I do that?

0 Cheers